Ear Center: About The Ear Center of Greensboro, P.A.
Eric M. Kraus, M.D., M.S., F.A.C.S.
Amy Myers, Au.D.
Jennifer M. Burkey, Au.D.
Samantha Vrooman, B.A. (CFY, 2014-2015)
The Ear Center of Greensboro, P.A. is a specialty surgical practice, specializing in diagnosing and treating medical and surgical conditions of the ear (Otology) in both children and adults. We provide specialized otologic care including performing:
- medical and surgical treatment of diseases and conditions of the ear and vestibular (balance) system, including disorders of the facial nerve, acoustic neuroma evaluations, and middle ear reconstructive surgery
- hearing treatment and improvement
- pediatric otolaryngology evaluations and surgery (ear tube surgery, tonsillectomy & adenoidectomy, etc.)
- routine and comprehensive hearing and balance evaluations (complete audiologic services)
- hearing aid evaluations, fitting, and service at our Hearing Aid & Hearing Implant Center
- implantable hearing devices including: the BAHA & Ponto osseointegrated hearing devicse, ESTEEM™ Totally Implantable Hearing Device sound processor battery replacements, and multi-channel cochlear implants (Advanced Bionics and Cochlear Americas cochlear implants).
Board Certified Surgeon
Our surgeon, Eric M. Kraus, M.D., M.S., is Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology and is an active Fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Our physician is specialized in treating diseases of the ear (Otology) as well as pediatric patients (Pediatric Otolaryngology). It is our philosophy that sub-specialization within our practice allows us to deliver the highest quality, "super-specialty" care to our patients by a surgeon who is not only well-trained but has continuously refined his skills on a daily basis for over 30 years.
Our group has two doctoral level audiologists and one doctoral AuD student who assist us in:
- diagnosing and treating hearing loss and balance disorders
- fitting conventional and digital hearing aids
- programming cochlear implants (Advanced Bionics and Cochlear Americas)
- maintaining and adjusting implantable hearing devices such as the BAHA & Ponto devices
- evaluations, management, and programming of the Envoy ESTEEM™ Totally Implantable Hearing Device
- performing specialized hearing evaluations such as Central Auditory Processing (AP) testing in adults
- basic comprehensive audiometry
- visual response audiometry
- distortion product otoacoustic emission testing (DPOAE's and spontaneous emission testing)
- specialized audiometric tests
- electronystagmography (balance or vestibular testing)
- auditory brainstem response audiometry (ABR or BAER) including Auditory Steady State Audiometry (ASSR)
- hearing aid evaluation, fitting and programming (Phonak, Widex, and Oticon hearing aids)
- cochlear implant mapping (programming)
- ESTEEM device programming
- BAHA & Ponto sound processor programming
We specialize in:
- hearing treatment and improvement through medicine, surgery, and hearing implants
- hearing aid evaluations, fitting, testing, and repairs (in our on-site hearing aid lab)
- implantable hearing devices
Our team, consisting of a highly qualified surgeon and experienced audiologists, is dedicated to comprehensive hearing restoration through medicine, surgery, digital hearing aids, and cutting edge hearing implant technologies. We test hearing in all ages from birth to maturity.
If you would like to learn more about us and The Ear Center of Greensboro, P.A., please contact us at (336) 273-9932.
Last revised March 16, 2016