Ear Center: New Patient Referrals & Consultations
New Patient Referrals & Consultations
We accept new patients for both medical and surgical consultations and are available to answer your questions at any time at (336) 273-9932. Medical records may be faxed to (336) 273-9936.
Registration & Medical History Forms
Map & Directions
Our private practice specializes in Otology and Pediatric Otolaryngology.
We treat all medical and surgical conditions of the ear in adults and children. In addition to treating the entire range of ear conditions, we perform:
- Ear tubes (myringotomies and transtympanic tubes)
- Middle ear reconstructive surgery (tympanoplasty, ossiculoplasty, stapedectomy
- Excision of middle ear tumors
- Cholesteatoma surgery
- Chronic middle ear and mastoid surgery
- Facial nerve surgery
- Acoustic neuroma evaluations
- Balance procedures
- Procedures to deliver medications to the inner ear
- Cochlear implant surgery in adults and children
- Implantable hearing device surgery (BAHA, MAXUM Hearing Implant, etc)
- Temporal bone trauma surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery of the ear
We do perform Tonsillectomy & Adenoidectomies in children..
Our highly trained and experienced audiologists perform comprehensive, state-of-the-art hearing diagnostic testing. Please contact our Audiology Department at 336-273-9932 if you would like to order an Electronystagmogram (ENG) or Auditory Brainstem Response Test (ABR) for one of your patients.
Complete List of Our Services
For a complete list of our services, please click on "Our Services" page.
Hearing Restoration Surgery
Our team of highly qualified surgeons and audiologists are dedicated to comprehensive hearing restoration through
medicine, surgery, digital hearing aids, and cutting edge hearing implant technologies.
- Board Certified by the American Academy of Otolaryngology
- A Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- A Fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- A Fellow of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- A member of the North Carolina Medical Society
- A member of the North Carolina Society of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- A member of the Guilford County Medical Society, Guilford County, North Carolina
Our physician is an active member of the Cone Health System's hospital committees. Dr. Kraus helped to
found the Cone Health Institutional Review Board (IRB) and has been its Vice Chairman for the past 24 years.
Dr. Kraus sits on the Cone Health "Emerging Technology Committee" to help advise the hospital on evaluating
and implementing new medical/surgical technologies.
- Otosclerosis management including stapedectomy/stapedotomy
- Laser surgery of the middle ear
- Acute and chronic middle ear and mastoid surgery for infection, trauma, cholesteatoma, etc.
- Ossicular reconstruction, especially using the Kraus K-Helix Crown & Piston Prostheses
- Cochlear implant surgery (Cochlear Americas & Advanced Bionics devices)
- Implantable middle ear devices including the BAHA and Ponto osseointegrated device and the MAXUM Hearing Implant
- Meniere's disease evaluation and medical/surgical management
- Acoustic neuroma evaluations
- Vestibular evaluations
- Evaluation and management of hearing loss due to any cause (genetic, congenital, traumatic, sudden, infectious, neoplastic, degenerative, autoimmune, metabolic, toxic, functional, etc.)
- Evaluation and management of tinnitus
Dr. Kraus has a special interest in ossicular reconstruction, stapedectomy, high tech hearing implants, and the otolaryngologic management of Down Syndrome.
Last revised August 18, 2015